Friday 8 December 2017

THE DRACULA FILE...



Images copyright REBELLION.  Cover art by CHRIS WESTON

REBELLION (publishers of 2000 A.D.) are releasing some great reprint volumes at the moment.  I've got The LEOPARD From LIME STREET, MARNIE The FOX, FACEACHE, and now also The DRACULA FILE volume.  I've already got all 15 issues of SCREAM! plus all the Holiday Specials, but there's something about having the stories in a handy single edition to browse through whenever I want.

Take a look at the page below though.  The writer obviously didn't know his vampire lore, as he has Dracula casting a reflection.  Everybody and his dog knows that ol' Vlad doesn't cast a reflection (well, everybody except the director of ABBOTT & COSTELLO Meet FRANKENSTEIN), so how the error sneaked past the editor back in the day is a mystery.  Dracula does cast a shadow (as far as I remember) so I'd have made that the giveaway of his presence in this particular tale.

Anyway, The Dracula File contains some great art by ERIC BRADBURY (I lettered his work at least once for 2000 A.D.), so pop along to your nearest comics shop or bookstore and snap up your copy today.

I think the artist here is KEITH PAGE, but I'm not 100% sure

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management