Friday 5 December 2014

Number 1666: Gran'pa Feeb


Iggy’s grandfather, Feeble, is another funny character added to the Little Lulu/Tubby cast by John Stanley. Stanley’s characterization of him is of an oldster on the verge of senility, revisiting his childhood with his grandson’s friends.



I have shown this story before, but these are new scans. “Gran’pa Feeb” is Feeble’s introduction, from the Dell squareback giant comic, Tubby and His Clubhouse Pals (1956). In the early days of this blog I did a short article about Feeb, using panels from this story. I mentioned that in 1956 I was more like Tubby, a kid who was sometimes lost in his imagination (fed by a steady diet of comic books, no doubt). Nearly 60 years later I am more like Feeb, a grandfather with a whole lifetime of experiences behind me, yet still retaining some of those childhood tendencies...and still often lost in my imagination.





























0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management