Friday 28 April 2017

Comic Box Commentary 9th Anniversary


Over 9 years ago, I created a blog called Comic Box Commentary with the plan to cover all the comics that I was enjoying at the time.

Then 9 years ago tomorrow I realized the canvas was too big and decided to be a bit more focused.

Hence the vaguely titled Comic Box Commentary became Supergirl Comic Box Commentary. And that is the origin of my terrible blog name. I suppose I should have simply started anew. But I didn't think about it that much.

How long would I do this? How often would I do this? Would I find it creatively rewarding (the reason I started it to begin with)?

Turns out, yes it is creatively rewarding. I would be posting often and for a long time.

How people found this place I'll never know.

And so today I celebrate my 9th anniversary the usual way I do - by thanking everyone who stops by, reads my comic reviews, and deals with my ramblings. I love the community of Supergirl fans who come here and the dialogue that occurs. So let me give you a round of applause. I deeply appreciate you all for visiting. In particular, I congratulate those of you who read my long reviews!

I have become friends with so many people because of this site as well. From podcasts to con meet-ups to sending each other comic stuff, it is such a fantastic group that I am honored to be included in!

Lastly, it is hard to believe how far the character has come during those 9 years! I started this site because I didn't like how Supergirl was being portrayed in the comics at the time. I also wanted to highlight her oft-forgotten history. Now she is everywhere!

So I'm raising the virtual glass of champagne to everyone! Thanks for being part of this place!

Happy Anniversary!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management