Monday 24 April 2017

PART FIFTY OF FAVOURITE COMICS OF THE PAST - SUPERMAN'S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE #105...


Images copyright DC COMICS

I well remember the day I purchased this mag (along
with various others) from a local newsagent's, and sitting on
a bench in the Old Village quarter of my town to read it.  If it
wasn't on a Saturday I bought it, it would've been on a week-day
during the school summer holidays, and I find myself annoyed at
now no longer being able to recall with my customary precision.
Once, I could also have told you what comics I got along with it,
but, alas, no longer.  I have a notion that an issue of MISTER
MIRACLE might have been among the pile, but I could be
mixing two different days together, as I often sat in the
same spot to peruse my comics when I got them.

It goes without saying, of course, that I immediately fell
in love with The THORN.  Might have been her outfit, but
she really captured my adolescent attention, and was instantly
added to the lengthening list of my favourite comicbook cuties.
The newsagent's where I bought this four-colour treasure exists
only in memory these days, like so many hallowed haunts of my
childhood, but at least I'm yet able to visit its cool interiors and
relive a happy moment from my past.  If there's an afterlife,
perhaps all our cherished places will be there waiting for
us, like old friends we haven't seen in an age.

Does this mag hold any memories for you, dear reader,
and does it take you back to a moment in time you'd love
to live again?  If so, share your pleasant reminiscences with
your Criv-ite chums in our comments section.  A memory
shared is a memory spared from oblivion, so get your
typing fingers tapping now.  We await your input.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management