Sunday 7 May 2017

FAVOURITE COMICS OF THE PAST PART FIFTY-THREE - FANTASTIC FOUR #234...


Images copyright MARVEL COMICS

'Twas in one of the upper floors of Glasgow's VIRGIN
Megastore in 1981 that I bought the above issue of The
FANTASTIC FOUR.  I couldn't say off the top of my head
when I'd last read a copy of the FF, but it'd been a good while,
probably back in the '70s.  This was the number that brought
me back into the fold, and I soon tracked down the previous
two issues (the start of JOHN BYRNE's reign) from a
shop called WONDERWORLD in Bournemouth.

Altogether, John Byrne wrote and drew 62 issues (and
plotted what would've been his 63rd if he'd not moved over
to DC to reboot SUPERMAN), plus two annuals, and, in my
famously humble opinion, the FF hadn't been so consistently
good since the days of STAN & JACK.  This was the issue
that drew me back in, and guess what?  The world would
never again be the same - for me anyway.

1981, eh?  A whole 36 years ago, yet it seems like only
three or four at the very most.  The pics in this post were
scanned from the original comic I got back then, which is still
in the same condition as when I got it.  If only I were in as
good shape as the mag, I'd be a whole lot happier.

Got any memories of this issue?  Then why not use a
few seconds of your allotted 15 minutes of fame and share
them with us in the comments section?  Go on, we're a will-
ing audience who'd love to read your reminiscences!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management