Saturday 6 May 2017

PART FIFTY-TWO OF FAVOURITE COMICS OF THE PAST - FANTASTIC FOUR #90, PLUS 91, 92, 93, 94, & 97...


Images copyright MARVEL COMICS

I couldn't swear to it after all this time, but I
have a feeling I saw The FANTASTIC FOUR #90
while living in our old house, but didn't buy it 'til after
moving into our new abode some time later.  Perhaps I
should clarify that;  I definitely purchased it in my new
home, but maybe first saw it while living in my old one.
Anyway, regardless of where I was living when I first
saw it, I bought it in the same shop some weeks or
months later.  I know it was the selfsame issue
as they only had one copy.

That was sometime in 1972.  In '73 or '74, I
got the following three issues in a shop (perhaps
on one of the piers) in Blackpool while on holiday.
Yes, that's right, late '60s issues of the FF (and other
titles) were still on sale, brand-new, several years after
publication.  Anyway, I also got some other issues of the
cosmic quartet, so now's as good a time as any to show
them.  So because I know you care about the details,
remember that #90 wasn't bought in Blackpool, but
in a shop called CORSON'S, which yet sur-
vives to this very day.

Okay, having refreshed my memory with the
above preamble, let's move on to the good part - the
covers themselves.  I'm sure you'll find having had to
wade through my personal reminiscences a small price
to pay for such cataclysmic classics, but if not, then too
bad.  Tell you what, why not get your own back on me
by sharing your memories of these MARVEL mags
in our captivating comments section?  After all,
turnabout is fair play, so they say.
  



And now, the splash pages...


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management