Sunday 7 May 2017

THE FINAL BOW - EXIT, STAGE LEFT...


Image copyright MARVEL COMICS

"I wish I knew where I was going to die - 'cos
wouldn't go there!" runs the old joke.  And that's
about as funny as this post will get, as I want to ask you
a serious question.  First 'though, let me try and pave the
way.  When I was a great deal younger than I am today,
I'd sometimes imagine my deathbed scene, which usually
took place in the bedroom of one particular house - not
the one in which I live today, but the previous one.
Dunno why, but that's the way it would go.

Okay, so here it is.  Have any of you ever thought
forward to your final moments, and imagined where it
might happen and what it will be like?  Would your 'ideal'
(not the right word, but you know what I mean) scenario
be going peacefully in your sleep, or being surrounded by
those dear to you as you slipped quietly away, knowing
they loved you and that you'd made an immense and
appreciated difference to their lives?

I suppose I'll be alone when I croak, just as I've
always been.  Never really fitted in anywhere, even as
a child.  I'll just slowly breathe my last one day and the
world will go on as it's always done, and no one will miss
me or shed a tear.  In my 'future projections', there was
never anyone around my bedside in my final moments,
and there's no reason to think the actual event will be
any different to my imagining of it.  (Unless it's a
team of doctors and nurses perhaps.)

I take some consolation from the fact that my
name will yet be seen in old comics and appear in
new reprints, but it's poor compensation for not being
around in person to see and appreciate it.  So, if it's not
too upsetting to consider, have you ever thought about
your passing and how it will play out 'on the day' ?  Or
would you rather not think about such dark matters?
Either way, leave a comment, even if it's just to
try and lighten the mood around here.

("For feck's sake, Kid, that's some deep sh*t!")

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management