Friday 5 May 2017

THE FIRST-EVER DALEK BOOK...


Copyright BBC TV & The Estate of TERRY NATION

Did it!  Finally obtained a copy of The DALEK
Book from 1964 (for '65).  I have scans of all three
'60s Dalek tomes, which I took from a friend's books
while repairing them a few months back.  (Replacing a
spine, removing marks, fixing torn pages, etc.)  How-
ever, nothing beats having the real thing and now
I've got one of them - the very first.

If I ever see inexpensive copies of the other
two books in the series, I'll grab them of course,
but I could live with just the first one as it predates
TV CENTURY 21 and introduces the EMPEROR
Dalek.  When I was a kid, I don't recall seeing any of
the books, so I thought the Golden Emperor's first
appearance was in TV21 in 1965.  Nope, it was
The Dalek Book, issued in 1964.

To celebrate my acquisition, I've decided to
share a few pages with you.  As I already said, I've
got scans from a friend's book, but you deserve a bit
of effort, so I've scanned the pics on display from my
own copy of the book so that you won't feel cheated.
Do I spoil you or what?  Enjoy the first three pages
from the first comic strip to feature The Daleks,
taken, as I said, from the first-ever book.

Well, whaddya think?  Let me know.

******

(Click on images to enlarge, click
again for optimum size.)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management