Saturday 12 August 2017

STEVE DITKO ART IN THE FANTASTIC FOUR #3...?


Image copyright MARVEL COMICS

Funny how we can be so familiar with some images that we
stop really 'seeing' them after a while.  Case in point is FF #3,
which I first read in the pages of WHAM! in 1966.  I read it again
a year or so later in an issue of MARVEL COLLECTORS' ITEM
CLASSICS, and again in The MIGHTY WORLD OF MARVEL
in 1972.  I've now got various reprints of the story in different pub-
lications, but I only noticed something for the very first time while
re-reading the story in a MASTERWORKS volume a couple
of nights back.  Can you spot what I'm referring to?

Look at the figure of REED RICHARDS in the above panel.
That sure looks a lot like a STEVE DITKO drawing to me.  Could
Steve have retouched the figure at STAN LEE's request when SD
was in the Bullpen one day, or maybe even redrawn it?  What think
the rest of you?  Could I be right, or am I talking my usual load of
old pants?  Let rip in the comments section, why don'tcha?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management