Thursday 2 November 2017

Supergirl Show: Reign First Look


Two Supergirl show posts in a row? I know! But this was too big not to post and talk about right away.

The CW has released an image of what Reign's costume will look like during this season. And I love it!

There is a lot to like about this but I think I want to break things down a little bit. Because I think there are aspects that just work for me.


Overall the black outfit reminds me of Dark Supergirl as well as Satan Girl. But specifically, the black outfit with the S-shield shape and the wrist gauntlets truly remind me of the Dark Supergirl look from the pre-New 52 incarnation.




Moving from the top down, the mask is interesting in how intricate it is. There are lots of points and holes and piping. I also like how her hair ends in a spike. It reminds me of a scorpion stinger. I wonder if she'll use it as a weapon.


But that mask, as much as it pains me, reminds me of the intricate look of the headwear of the Kryptonian Council on Man of Steel. I will say that the look of Supergirl's Krypton is more Snyder than Donner or even comics so I suppose that makes sense.


The S-Shield looks like something from a horror movie. There is no denying that the top looks like a skull. There is some feel of it being formed from smoke which is rising to form the image. There is a sort of C'thulhu feel to.

That is slick. I'd buy the t-shirt!


And then the torso cut outs evoke the feeling of ribs which give her a monstrous, sort of skeletal vibe.

Put all those elements together and you have a near perfect arch-villain outfit.

I can't wait!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management