Monday 16 July 2018

More Supergirl Stuff!

As San Diego comic con approaches and Supergirl continues an unprecedented run of public interest, the character's merchandise list grows longer. I have to say that this particular run of announcements is very compelling to me as I try to figure out how to get it all.

First off is the blu-ray version of her movie from 1984. Here is a link for details:
https://www.wbshop.com/products/supergirl-bd

This special edition of Supergirl presents the film's International Cut, remastered in High Definition for Blu-ray, along with the rare Director's Cut on a bonus DVD.

As most know, it has been years since I have seen the movie. I have always wanted to review it here on the site. Now it looks like I'll finally get the chance. I have only heard rumblings of the director's cut version so I can't wait to see that.

I am just amazed that the interest in Kara Zor-El has reached such a peak that the campy movie from the 80's is getting such a slick re-issuing. I can't wait to see Helen Slater gracefully flying and saying she doesn't scare easily again.

But wait there's more.



Artgerm just got off of a run on the Supergirl comic which was so gorgeous that sales on the book jumped nearly 10K. Increduble.

Perhaps recognizing that his take on the characters seems to resonate, Sideshow Collectibles is putting out a statue based on Artgerm's work. Here is a link:
https://screenrant.com/supergirl-figure-art-sideshow-collectibles/

I can only hope this is somewhat affordable.


I mean look at this picture of the piece.

How can I not want this on a shelf somewhere??

Just incredible!


Apparently a custom print has been solicited with the statue.

I am a complete sucker for the blue shirt/red skirt combo. This is lovely.

But wait there's more.


Supergirl will again be on a SDCC swag bag.

And on a 'new' DC Superhero Girls bag sporting her new look.

For everyone heading to SDCC, good luck procuring one of these!

As for me, I better start looking for couch cushion money to support these upcoming purchases.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management