Sunday 18 November 2018

A PLACE FOR EVERYTHING, AND EVERYTHING IN ITS PLACE...



When I think back over my long life, there are two things that occur to me:  the first is just how quickly it's passed, and the second is how much I associate certain things with specific places and times in my life.  Taking GERRY ANDERSON TV shows as an example, SUPERCAR and FIREBALL XL5 I associate with one house, STINGRAY with the house after that, and THUNDERBIRDS, CAPTAIN SCARLET, and JOE 90 with yet another.  I only have to look at a Supercar or Stingray toy (or picture) and I'm once more in whatever house I lived in at the time I first experienced them.

Is there anything that you particularly associate with places you've lived in as a kid, or does your childhood seem set in some dimly-remembered, geographically non-specific magical fantasy land, not in the actual places or homes you grew up in?   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management