Friday 1 March 2019

Number 2306: Gone in a Flash

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I assumed Captain Marvel was aimed at youngsters, and I believe the same of the original Flash and Green Lantern comics. It has to do with the cartoony artwork, and an attempt at laughs. I say attempt because of the three dimwits, Winky, Blinky, and Noddy, who were the comedy relief for the Flash (just as Doiby Dickles was for Green Lantern). The dimwits were based on the Three Stooges, but there the resemblance ends.

This story stuck out for me because of the plot. A man can see the future while hearing the present.

I have an affection for the Golden Age Flash, having first encountered him in the Silver Age story, “Flash of Two Worlds.”

Artist E.E. Hibbard drew a lot of Flash stories. He left comic books in 1947 and went to the J. Walter Thompson advertising agency. Later he became a member of the Society of Animal Artists. Gardner Fox wrote the script.

This story appeared in Flash Comics #67 (1945).













0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management