Friday 31 May 2019

Pappy’s Favorites Number 8: Double Action Comics ashcan

My idea years ago was to present this blog as a fanzine, numbering the posts like I would number a print publication. I thought to give Pappy’s readers something special whenever I reached the milestone of another 100 “issues” of Pappy’s. I also thought of it as a way of keeping me interested. (I found myself becoming inconsistent in this practice after a while.)

However, when I was consistent, Number 1000 was posted in 2011, and the subject was the rare DC ashcan, Double Action Comics #2.

I have always been interested in the subject of ashcans, a sample magazine slapped together in order to secure the copyright for the title with the Library of Congress, then tossed away (hence “ashcan.”). I wonder if today all of that stuff is done digitally, instead of print?

Click on the thumbnail for scans of the complete ashcan.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management