Saturday 31 August 2019

RECOMMENDED READING: STAR TREK - THE CLASSIC UK COMICS VOLUME THREE...


Copyright relevant owner

This is a book I meant to recommend when it first came out (in 2017), as I'd done with the two previous volumes, but somehow I just never got around to it.  So, simply for the sake of completion, here's a plug for IDW's third volume of reprints of UK STAR TREK strips that appeared in various comic weeklies and annuals from 1972 to '79.  There's a few bonuses and also a cover gallery, including the first combined VALIANT & TV21 comic that I showed in part two of this series.

(Incidentally, I trust you'll forgive the ripples from the protective sleeve on the cover, but I don't want to risk damaging the dustjacket by trying to remove it.)

Anyway, if you don't have these three volumes in your collection, you really should consider acquiring them.  The quality of reproduction is first class, and IDW could teach DC a thing or two about reproducing ads for their facsimile editions.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management