Thursday 26 September 2019

Sales Review: August 2019


The sales numbers for August have been posted and, as always, ICv2 has a nice breakdown. Here is a link:https://icv2.com/articles/markets/view/44052/top-500-comics-august-2019

It is an interesting month to cover here because there isn't a Supergirl book to track! The issue with the Legion was pulled back given a need for an art change and so we went a while without a Supergirl book on the rack.

This also was true of Superman.

So instead, I'll pick a couple of ancillary books to look at and see how they are doing.


Event Leviathan #3 came out.

I have been all in on this book. I have loved the mystery. I have loved tracking the clues. I have loved Lois's part. And I have been going bananas trying to figure out just who Leviathan is.

I mean, I have a Leviathan Theory!

I have really hoped the book would sell well because I love mysteries like this.

So how did it do?



It continues to do well.

It ranked 26th over all and had 49885 units ordered.

I think that's still a win.

I love this book, even if my guess is ultimately wrong.


We also have a couple of ancillary super-titles out there and they couldn't be any more different.

Lois Lane remains a street level, kinda noir, news-driven story.

Jimmy Olsen is a Silver Age romp with tremendous humor infused with the craziness.



Lois Lane #2 ranked 83rd and sold 25071.
In this day and age, that is solid.

Jimmy Olsen #2 ranked 94th and sold 21880.
I guess it is a little bit of a silly book which might have a different audience. Also, Lois Lane seems to have more impact in the main books. That might also impact sales.

Either way, these are both selling well. I wonder if either will sell strong enough to warrant the consideration for a monthly.

Next month's review will have two Supergirl issues!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management