Wednesday 23 October 2019

DC'S SGT. ROCK SPECIAL #1-6 COVER GALLERY...


Copyright DC COMICS

Turns out that I didn't have as many issues of SGT. ROCK SPECIAL as I thought, but with the recent arrival of #s 4 & 6, I now have the first half-dozen.  Apparently the series ran for 21 issues, but I think I'll just regard the ones I have as a 6-issue mini-series and leave it at that.  I never read the four issues I bought back in the '80s, not particularly being a fan of war stories (just bought 'em 'cos it was a new reprint mag), but I read the two 'new' arrivals and fairly enjoyed them so plan on reading my original four, 30 years after first purchasing them.  Like I said before somewhere - I eventually get around to finishing what I started (or should've started) - even if it takes me a few decades.

Issue 6 has a tale illustrated by MORT DRUCKER, and if you only know of him through his MAD movie parodies, you'll perhaps be surprised to learn (if you didn't already know) that he's a pretty good (I'm going for understatement here) action-adventure artist as well.  I wouldn't have recognised it as his work if not for him being named in the credits.  Well-worth seeking out.  Right, enjoy the covers - I'm off to read the contents.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management