Saturday 26 October 2019

WELL, WHADDYA KNOW - GUY FAWKES POPS IN FOR HALLOWE'EN...


Copyright REBELLION

The third issue of WHIZZER & CHIPS is an odd periodical in that, date-wise, it straddles both Hallowe'en and Guy Fawkes celebrations.  You see, it's cover-dated November 1st, but probably came out on or around October 25th, so you'd think IPC would've had some strips themed on one event, and some on the other, no?  After all, what's the free gift if not a Hallowe'en mask?  (Which, admittedly, could also be used on Bonfire Guys.)  Having said that, some of the strips don't reflect either event at all.

However, I've always sort of considered it a Hallowe'en issue on account of when I first bought my original copy back in 1969, so if you Criv-ites will indulge me, that's what I'll offer it as here.  And also a Guy Fawkes issue, as it more than aptly fits that description as well.  So here's the first instalment, 8 pages from the Whizzer section for you to hopefully enjoy and put you in touch with your inner youth.

You'll have to forgive the odd blemish here and there, as my current copy is quite age-ravaged and displaying bleed-through and discolouration, but I trust it won't spoil your enjoyment too much.  (I've tidied up the pages as much as I can without spending hours on them.)  More to come soon. 







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management