Tuesday 24 March 2020

CRIVENS' CLASSIC COMIC COVERS - SUPERMAN #279...


Copyright DC COMICS

I've said this before (numerous times) and I'll say it again - just where do the years go to?  Following my recent acquisition of a replacement for my long-gone issue of SUPERMAN #268, I decided to get the follow-up tale to Supes' team-up with BATGIRL, namely issue #279.  Again, this is one I originally had back in 1974, a whopping 46 years ago while I was yet a schoolboy, but when it arrived a short while ago today, the decades melted away as if they'd never been upon the mere sight of it.

Just finished reading it, and it was a pleasantly entertaining tale, as was The FABULOUS WORLD Of KRYPTON back-up strip.  And as with #268, I remember where I was when I first read this mag, and the vanished world of my youth reappeared, resurrected as if by magic from the mists of time.  Such experiences are relatively short-lived until reality again intrudes, but can always be revived at a later date whenever the fancy takes me.  Who needs a TARDIS when we have comic-books, eh?  (Don't get me wrong though - a TARDIS would be nice.)

Did you have this ish back in the day?  What personal memories does it conjure up for you, faithful Crivs?  Let loose in the comments section - and don't worry, it's a Coronavirus-free area.   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management