Tuesday 31 March 2020

GEMINI SPACE CAPSULE...



It was at the famous Barras Market in Glasgow one Saturday in the '60s.  If I recall correctly, the stall-holder was having an auction, and this Gemini NASA Space Capsule was one of the items on offer.  Or maybe it wasn't and was merely an item not included in the auction, but having a fixed price.  Either way, my father bought it for me, and it was a dearly-loved toy until it went the way of all toys, by being replaced in my affections by another, newer, dearly-loved toy.

Anyway, just bought a replacement earlier this afternoon, and here's a couple of the seller's pics to show off my new acquisition.  I'll replace them with my own photos when the toy arrives, and maybe engineer a photo-shoot opportunity of a visit from STEVE ZODIAC (and ZOONY) on his jetmobile.  Did you have one of these super friction-drive space capsules when you were a kid, Crivs?  Then wax sentimental about it in the comments section, why don'tcha?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management