Friday 24 April 2020

Elseworld’s Finest Supergirl & Batgirl Epilogue


It took me almost 12 years but I finally reviewed Elseworlds Finest Supergirl &Batgirl this month. (Review posts part 1 and part 2 available.)

I always remembered liking this Elseworlds a lot. But as often happens when I read a book more critically, I was even more impressed. This is truly an Elseworlds with a lot of the usual DC continuity shaken up. The story beats work very well. And the art is stunning.

As I usually do, I tweeted out the link to the review and was thrilled to have Barbara Randall Kesel herself make a few comments which I thought I would share here.

On the art work:






No surprise given how gorgeous the characters are they succeeded.

I suppose it truly is like body paint in how it is portrayed. But it is true. There isn't a lot of skin showing



And about that nanotech Batgirl suit?

Here is what Kesel had to say.



Lastly, the whole 'Babs has Bruce's origin bit'.




The one thing I truly wondered about was a sequel. This universe seems primed for one and there had been other Elseworld's sequels done. So, was there going to be a sequel?


Much of what I had read struck a familiar chord.


Turns out just a year ago I covered some of what Kesel said here when Elseworlds were covered in the Back Issue magazine:
http://comicboxcommentary.blogspot.com/2019/03/back-issue-magazine-elseworlds-finest.html

The only thing left to cover about Elseworld's would be a dedicated post about the Supergirl action figure, something I haven't done specifically, only as part of Shrine posts.

Hope you all have enjoyed this look back at this book! I really am glad I finally got to it as it truly stands up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management