Saturday 31 October 2020

SEAN CONNERY PASSES AWAY...

 But Legends Never Truly Die...

Well, that's it now, isn't it?  Just about all the celebrity heroes we considered our friends when we were growing up are gone, aren't they?  Leslie Crowther, Peter Glaze, Johnny Morris, Rodney Bewes, Adam West, John Noakes, James Garner, Roger Moore, Bobby Ball, and a whole host of others... which sadly now also includes Sean Connery, the big screen's first James Bond.

When Big Tam first played Bond, he was in his early '30s; when he gave it up, he was in his early '40s - and when he reprised the role one more time, he was only 53 or so, several years younger than I am now.  And yet each of these landmarks in my life seem like only the recent past to me, so how can the man who was Bond... James Bond, seemingly only a short time ago, be old enough to have died?

I'll leave it to others to cover his life and career; I just didn't want to ignore the man's passing as Sean was, and I'm sure it's the same for so many others, a fixture of sorts in my life for the last 48 years.  Think I'll play a Bond soundtrack and make believe that Sean's still around - which, in so many ways, he still is and always will be.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management