Saturday 26 February 2022

DC SPECIAL #1 - THE DARING AND THE DIFFERENT...


Copyright DC COMICS

Cop a gander at the above mag, not long arrived at Castel Crivens.  A few years ago I saw an ad for it in a 1968 DC comic I own, which makes it extremely possible I saw the ad back when it first appeared.  If I did, however, I'd forgotten by the time, many years later, I saw a b&w image of the cover somewhere and for some reason was left with the impression it was an in-house magazine similar to Marvel's F.O.O.M.  (Perhaps the art was reused for just such a publication - anyone know?) 

As you can see, however, it's an actual newsstand comic devoted to Carmine Infantino and containing a number of diverse strips by the great man.  This comic can command a fairly high price on the collectors' market, but I lucked out and managed to acquire a great condition copy for under a tenner on ebay, so I'm a very happy chappie.

No longer need I wonder about the contents of this DC Special, now I can see and read them for myself.  And you can catch a glimpse of the stories too, as I share some pages (and an ad) from this great mag I've finally managed to get my grubby mitts on.  Hooray!  (Don't worry - I washed my grubby mitts first.)

Did you have this Special back in the day, fellow Crivs?  If so (and even if not), share your thoughts on this collectors' item classic in the comments section.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management