Monday 21 March 2022

TAKE A LETTER, MISS JONES - TO THE POST BOX...



Some of you may recall me relating the tale of how I developed the habit of collecting pillar/post box money banks when a Chad Valley one I obtained (one of two - I gave the other one to a pal) in 1978 became damaged around 11 or so years later and was regretfully disposed of.  I did a post (npi) about some of the various ones I'd collected over the years as stand-ins for my original, but it was incomplete as I've forgotten where some of them are stored.

Anyway, digging through a box earlier, I found another one, bought back on May 6th 2000 from a now-gone shop called Arkworks, along with an old-fashioned red telephone box bank which appealed to me.  I've still to dig out another few post box banks and when I do, you Crivvies will be the first to know (after me that is).  What's that you say?  You're counting the seconds in eager anticipation?  Okay, there's no need to rip the p*ss.  (Ungrateful lot.)

I'll add this photo to the other post, which you can see here.  (Just in case you wish to remind yourselves.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management