Monday 25 April 2022

CAN'T SPELL? THEN YOU'RE A RACIST...


I despair, I really do.  As if there aren't enough people desperate to take offence at something by jumping on the racist bandwagon, now actress Parminder Nagra (no, never heard of her before either) joins the club.  Apparently, Parminder experiences racism every day.  Her example: "The other day I went somewhere for work.  I'd been there four times and the person still kept misspelling my name."

So misspelling is now a racist act it seems.  My name has occasionally been misspelt as Robinson, Robertson, Robison, and Robeson over the years, but it never once occurred to me that it was due to anything other than someone not listening or reading with their full attention, not because they were a bigot of some description.

Spare us from those who are determined to see a racist insult everywhere - especially when it doesn't necessarily exist.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management