Thursday 14 April 2022

JUST BECAUSE THERE'S A SPLODGE DOESN'T MEAN IT'S A RORSCHACH TEST...


Copyright D.C.THOMSON & Co., Ltd.

At last!  Finally managed to obtain a replacement for The Topper #924 from October 1970, my original of which was purchased 51 and a half years ago.  I acquired the free gift mask nearly 3 years back, so it's immensely satisfying to unite these two items from my youth and turn back the clock of memories to that particular time.  That's another thing I can scratch off the list of things for me to achieve before I fall off the twig - I'm slowly getting there (in both cases, alas).

Talking of The Topper, did any of you cavortin' Crivvies buy the comic back in the day?  I don't recall ever buying it regularly or for any length of time in the '60s and '70s, but I nabbed this one purely for the free gift Splodge mask.  Having not long re-read it, I have to say it was quite a stylish periodical, and the title lost a fair bit of its 'magic' when it was reduced from tabloid size to D.C. Thomson's regular Beano-sized publications.  

If you have any memories or observations you wish to share of the now dear departed Topper, the comments section awaits. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management