Saturday 28 May 2022

IS THERE A ROBOT IN THE HOUSE - WITH A DOCTOR? YES, THERE IS AS IT HAPPENS...



Being a collector who buys toys though doesn't play with them is, I suspect, a bit like having a harem and not availing oneself of the 'goods'.  That's how it seems to me anyway.  However, one can still derive pleasure from looking as opposed to 'touching', so I suppose both pastimes are not quite as pointless as they might seem.  Anyway, you didn't drop by for snippets of philosophical wisdom, so let's forge ahead.

I've always wanted a model of the K1 Robot from a 1974 Doctor Who storyline, but I didn't buy the Denys Fisher version when it was first issued in, I think, the late '70s (might've been earlier, but that was when I first became aware of it).  However, I saw the above figures (by Character Options Ltd) in my local B&M store a few days back and snapped them up.  (Mainly for the Robot it has to be said.)

Just goes to show that if you wait long enough, things will come around again.  Okay, I've waited 44  years, but it only seems like a fart from The Flash away.  Let's be honest, aside from The Daleks, most Doctor Who monsters were rubbish back during the show's original run, but I always felt the BBC hit the bullseye with the Robot's design.  What say the rest of you Crivvies, if anything?  Go on - leave a comment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management