Monday 18 December 2023

YOU CAN BANK ON YOGI HAVING A DOUBLE...



Once, in Glasgow City Centre, there used to be a huge department store called Lewis's.  It was a beezer of a store and I still own several items bought there over the years until it ceased to be, sometime, I believe, in the 1990s - though some sources give much later (and inaccurate) dates than that.  Back in 1979 or '80, I purchased (and still have) a Yogi Bear bank (above) and, if memory serves, the copyright date on the poly bag's header card was 1977.  (The header card is stashed away somewhere, otherwise I'd double-check.)  Anyway, recently, on eBay, I spotted a porcelain ornament of Yogi, below, and snapped it up, as it was almost the double of the bank.  There's a 1976 date on the back of this Yogi, so it seems likely that the bank was modelled after the ornament as the similarity is too close to be coincidental.  


However, things never go smoothly though, do they?  Its estimated arrival was the 4th of this month, but the Spanish postal service managed to bollox things up by somehow mistaking the sender's address for my own and delivered it back to him, resulting in eBay informing me that my parcel had been delivered - even though it wasn't to me.  This resulted in the poor seller having to post it a second time and, fortunately, it arrived today.  So being the generous person I am, I thought I'd let you cop a look at it, on its own and also with its Lewis's predecessor.  No time or trouble spared in preparing posts for you, faithful Crivvies, so I hope you'll honour me with a comment or twenty saying how much you appreciate it.  What, me an optimist?  Nah!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management