Thursday 7 December 2017

Supergirl On Justice League Action: The Goddess Must Be Crazy


A while back I posted about how it was clear that Supergirl would be coming to the always excellent Justice League Action cartoon.

Well it looks like we finally got there. Over on the Cartoon Network app, you can watch Justice League Action shorts and earlier this week I heard that Supergirl (voiced by Joanne Spracklen) finally made an appearance!!! Yay!!

I am thrilled Supergirl is in another show. I love her look, a sort of take on her show costume. And I liked this plot.

Now one thing about the app is that you can't easily get screen caps so as a result these pics are going to be wonky, angled, blurry, etc. So apologies. But I figure some peek is better than none. So bear with me. You now I am fastidious about this place and wouldn't have been posting these if there was some cleaner way to give you these images. Sorry ... I'll try to find another way to get these and clean it up.


The Goddess Must Be Crazy starts with a sparring session between Supergirl and Wonder Woman in the skies above Themyscira. In some ways, it reminded me of the Loeb/Turner Kara who spent some time training with the Amazons before revealing herself.

During the brawl we are reminded that Hippolyta has bolstered the defenses of the island with an anti-male spell.



This is a sword-and-shield battle and it is clear that Wonder Woman has the upper hand with this style of combat.

During the fight, Diana grabs Supergirl and throws her into a giant horse statue near the arena.

Kara's body smashes the outer shell of the hollow horse.

The two combatants thank each other for the workout.

I like seeing Diana as a sort of mentor for Supergirl, a 'cool aunt' or 'kick butt big sister'.


But the horse turns out to be a Trojan Horse of sorts.

Coming out of the statue is Felix Faust, all to eager to loot the place of it's magical artifacts.

A Trojan Horse on Themyscira? I like the idea. Classic.


But the anti-male spell is concerning for Faust. So what better way to lurk about than by possessing Supergirl.

Of course, this leads to the standard 'hero versus hero' brawl with the two most powerful women in the DCU slugging it out.


But Hippolyta's defensive spell is intact.

Diana lassos Kara and forces her to touch the ground.

And when that happens, we get some magic!

This whole thing looks so Dragon Ball Z! And that works for me! I am a fan of Dragon Ball and Diana is a sort of Saiyan on this show!


The island blows up around Kara and Felix Faust, a man, is ripped from Kara's body and flung from the island.

Great sequence with the explosion around Supergirl with the Faust exorcism done very well.


Nothing left but for Wonder Woman and Diana to be thrilled with the outcome.

I am glad that the first sighting of Kara is with Diana, showing the power of their friendship and to showcase the woman heroes on the team.


Again, sorry for the blurriness.

Joanne Spracklen is the voice of Supergirl and she does a great job. And I have nothing but praise for Rachel Kimsey as Wonder Woman, probably my favorite character on the show.

Please support this show. It is an absolute treat!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management