Wednesday 19 September 2018

NOTES ON THE JANUS DILEMMA...

Here's an interesting fact:  The story that I've been serializing on the blog recently was inspired by a true-life event in 1975 reported on the TV news.  It immediately set my mind off on a train of thought for a plot that I thought would make a great tale, but it took around 36 years for me to get around writing the first two chapters, whereupon I got sidetracked and ended up neglecting it.  A couple or so years later, I started on chapter three, but only wrote three paragraphs before again being diverted by other things.  (I only rediscovered these paragraphs the other day and added one of them to the first chapter.)

As I said at the beginning of posting the story, I had the basic plot, plus a few twists and turns, worked out in my head back in '75, but when it came to writing each chapter, I just sort of made them up as I went along, amending earlier chapters where necessary to tie in with later ones.  I've now reviewed and amended each chapter again and ironed out the kinks and inconsistencies, and it ties together a lot tighter now.  So if you read each chapter as it was posted and generally enjoyed the tale, why not go back to the beginning and read it as a complete story?  I think you'll enjoy it more.  There may still be a few minor changes I'll make, but, essentially, It's now completed.

And if you'd like to comment on each chapter as you go along, feel entirely free.

P.S.  And I don't know about you, but I'm quite impressed with myself for writing eleven of the fourteen (admittedly short) chapters in the space of nine days.   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management