Tuesday 17 September 2019

Countdown #44 - Crisis On Infinite Earths #7 Moment


There are some times my life as a comic blogger takes me down odd rabbit holes.

First of all, I was shocked to discover that for some reason, I still have all 52 issues of Countdown in my collection. I thought for sure they were purged.

Then, as part of my #LeviathanTheory I decided to head into Countdown to look at Monarch. Just scanning covers, I decided to open up Countdown #44.

In the back of that issue (and in preceding issues) was a backup strip written and drawn by Dan Jurgens reviewing the multiverse.

This included a pretty detailed look back at all the prior JLA/JSA annual team-ups with flash back and homage panels done with usual Jurgens love.

But if this is a story reviewing the multiverse, it has to go to Crisis on Infinite Earths.


Sure enough there are several pages recapping the Crisis story in a pithy way.

This includes this dramatic page retelling the events of Crisis #7, 8, and 10.


As someone who thinks I have covered every possible angle of Crisis on Infinite Earths #7, I am amazed when I stumble across another mention or retelling of Supergirl's sacrifice.

And how great to see Jurgens' take on that famous scene.

I have said before that I have come to accept Supergirl's death as a huge moment in comics history which shows what a hero she is. I don't know if she needed to die. But the moment is tremendous.

But I am more amazed about the cosmic karma, the comic synchronicity that needed to happen for me to re-find this. Countdown is still in my collection!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management