Wednesday 2 December 2020

DID YOU MISS THE DALEKS SPECIAL?

Well, don't despair...

Copyright BBC TV & the Estate of TERRY NATION

I managed to obtain several copies, though it cost me around £25 in train and taxi fares travelling to various different locations to collect them from pals who I'd asked to buy them on my behalf.  (I was also lucky enough to get some via mail order, as well as from my local newsagent's, but those ones are mine.)

I could be persuaded to part with a few, but the price would be £18 each, which includes the cover price of the mag (£9.99), plus p&p (which'll cost close to a fiver for recorded delivery, I reckon), plus a little extra to recoup part of my travel expenses when I collected them - I'm not including any new expenses in taking them to the Post Office.  (Yeah, I know - Panini didn't charge p&p [except for next day delivery], but they can absorb the cost better than I can, and they presumably make a bigger profit from online sales as there's no percentage to newsagents.)

Honest, at the end of the day I'll be fortunate to break even, or any 'profit' will be so minuscule as not to be worth the effort, so I'm hardly 'profiteering'.  Anyway, as I said, the only reason I ended up with several was because I asked different people I know to grab a copy if they saw it in case I didn't, as it didn't turn up in my local WHS until recently.  Once they'd bought them (at my request) I felt honour-bound to take them, as I would never renege just because I managed to get copies myself.

Anyway, I don't mind keeping them, and I'd advise checking your local shops first just in case they've now got some in and you can purchase them for cover price, but if not, it's first come, first served if you'd like one of my spare copies.  (UK only I'm afraid, unless you're prepared to pay whatever it costs to post abroad.)  As I say, I'm not out to make money, but neither do I want to lose any.  My main motivation is simply to help you acquire this great publication if you haven't managed to find one for yourself yet - it's a belter!

You can let me know if you're interested - or not, as the case may be. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management