Sunday 11 September 2022

FANTASTIC FOUR COVER GALLERY INTRO...


Copyright MARVEL COMICS

Out of the 12 covers you see before you, only three were bought by me around the time of their publication or when they first turned up on British shores.  These three are 106, 126, and 133; the rest I obtained years after the fact, some indeed only recently.  Some of them I acquired only a few years after publication, others decades, but because of the paradoxical nature of time, the issues I bought within a few years seemed much later, and the ones I bought decades after, well, it sometimes seems like I've owned them for far longer.  I should say that the ones I originally owned were supplanted by replacements years afterwards as I never kept their predecessors, but I've had them far longer than I ever possessed the originals.

Anyway, I'd already prepared part one of a Fantastic Four cover gallery post which will take us from #150 to 175, and part two will take us from 176 up to 202 or thereabouts, but I thought I'd give you a starter course of the post-Kirby issues I own from before 150.  Yes, I know - kindness and generosity are my middle names, but I just can't help myself from spoiling you loyal Crivvies (and even some of the not-so loyal ones).  Besides, it would be a sin to let these great covers go to waste, don'tcha think?

Did any of you have any of these issues - in fact, still have them?  Then why not tell all us nosy peeps your thoughts about them in our ever-lovin' comments section?  You know you want to.  And be sure to say which ones are your favourites and why.   












I recently found the figure below in a box so might as well throw it in as a bonus.  It came with a reprint of the Sub-Mariner issue (#67) wherein Namor first got his costume.  I recently bought the original issue and I'll maybe add both to the post when I can remember where I stashed them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management