Thursday 10 November 2022

KEVIN O'NEILL PASSES AWAY...



I meant to post something about the untimely death of Kevin O'Neill before now, but my energy levels have been a bit low these last few days.  I can't be 100% sure, but I think I met him - or at least saw him - around the 2000 A.D. offices on at least one occasion, and I've got the impression that I saw him again when he brought in his resized pages for Metalzoic to Irwin House when it was due to be reprinted in 2000 A.D.  Talented artist, and a sad loss for comics, even though I believe he'd retired from the medium.

Other blogs will have more detailed accounts of the man's life and career, and there are bound to be lots of heartfelt tributes from those who knew and worked with him, and deservedly so.  For my own part, I never knew him, maybe met him, but it's a sad loss all the same.  R.I.P. Kevin.  The above (cropped) photo is from Ally Sloper #2, taken at Comics 101 in 1976 (I think).  That's Kevin on the left, and the man with the spectacles on the right is Frank Hampson.

So I'm a bit late with this, but I didn't want Kevin's passing to go unacknowledged by Crivens!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management