Thursday 28 July 2016

RECOMMENDED READING: THE MIGHTY WORLD OF MARVEL #28...


Image copyright MARVEL COMICS

The MIGHTY WORLD Of MARVEL is a comic that's been
with me for a large slice of my life.  First issued (as a weekly) near
the end of 1972, after seven years it was renamed (twice), becoming
a monthly with its third incarnation.  In 1983 it returned as a monthly
with its original moniker, but it was short-lived, alas.  We'd moved to a
new house after the first '83 issue, then returned to our former abode
after four years.  In 2003, the comic was relaunched, meaning it's
been around in one form or another since I was fourteen, in all
three  houses I've lived in.  (One counts as two, remember.)

I hope I never have to live anywhere else, but if fate dictates
that it has to be so, I trust MWOM will still be around to provide
a reassuring bit of continuity, even to the end of my days.  As I'm
planning to clock up another couple of hundred years (at least),
the comic may well be available for a long, long time.

Buy the latest issue today, and contribute to both my
longevity and also The Mighty World Of Marvel's!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management