Tuesday 2 August 2016

COMING ATTRACTIONS ON 'CRIVENS!'...


Image copyright MARVEL COMICS

Guess what?  When I posted the previous piece about
the SUB-MARINER King-Size Special #1, I'd never seen
the second issue and wondered whether it had actually been pub-
lished, despite readers being advised in the first issue to look for-
ward to it.  (After all, plans sometimes change.)  While searching
for confirmation that SAL BUSCEMA had illustrated the first
cover, I discovered that #2 had indeed been printed, so I
searched eBay and bought one for a few paltry quid.

Look at the great BILL EVERETT art, above!  It'll be a
few days until the mag arrives, at which time I'll show you the
cover again, as well as some of the contents.  That's the seller's
photo of the very issue I purchased today, so I can't wait until I
get my grubby hands on the actual comic and place it next to its
predecessor.  It may have taken 43 or 44 years to get the next
ish, but it really does seem like only a short while ago since
I bought the first Special all those years ago.

I hope you're at least half as excited as I am about it,
'cos then I'll be twice as excited as you!  Excelsior!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management