| Images copyright DC COMICS |
Was it really 33 years ago, in 1983, that I bought this comic?
Yeah, I guess it was - scary! Look at the superb DON NEWTON
& ALFREDO ALCALA art - two of comicdom's finest who are,
alas, no longer with us. This issue marked the 500th appearance
of The BATMAN in his debut mag, DETECTIVE COMICS,
and was an extra-long adventure as befitting the occasion.
This ish was also part of the run-up to a new ROBIN being
introduced - a rotten idea I thought, as I was never a fan of The
BOY WONDER. The original is surely in his 20s in this issue, yet
he's still running about in a pair of green trunks with bare legs. It's
no wonder (spot the pun) that FREDRIC WERTHAM harboured
those suspicions. Batman always seemed more of a 'creature of
the night' on his own, and DC should've kept him that way.
Anyway, no doubt there'll be some disagreement on that view,
so feel free to leave a comment on the matter. Or if you merely
want to share your own memories of this particular issue, then
your fellow Criv-ites eagerly await your interesting input.


07:58
Unknown
Posted in:
0 comments:
Post a Comment