Monday 1 August 2016

Superman On Supergirl Show


The internet semi-exploded late last week when the first look at Tyler Hoechlin's Superman suit for the Supergirl show was revealed. Here is the link:
http://ift.tt/2ahMPGZ

And then a ton of photos of Hoechlin filming in Vancouver in the suit hit the internet.

Now I am going to preface this post by saying that I didn't like the first look of the Flash costume when they revealed that and I think it looks good on the show. And I didn't like the first look of Melissa Benoist's costume (remember when it looked like super dark blue/almost black and brick red cape and boots). But that also looks fine on the show.

To be honest I don't have many complaints about the costume although I will nit pick a bit.

Instead, my biggest complaint in with Hoechlin. Not that he doesn't look like he could play Superman. Just that he is way way too young. These two look like they are contemporaries. He is supposed to be around 12 years older than her. This just doesn't jibe with the timeline.

I have to hope that somehow we get an explanation, even if it is comic book-y in its science.


As for the costume, the first thing that caught my eyes was how the shoulders are done. Between the over the shoulder cape and the gold trim, it really reminded me of Kara's 1980's look. I wonder if that was done on purpose. If only the costume people were available for a quick question.

I still miss the red trunks. The red belt is meaningless for the body suit. But I guess that is a quibble.

But I do like that he has the classic 'yellow shield'. It makes Supergirl's shield unique and her own.

The actual shots from the set made everything look better. I definitely like the one wisp/spit curl. This looks pretty Superman-ish.

That said, I am definitely not used to Jimmy Olsen towering over and out-hulking Superman.

I suppose I'll have to see how this all plays out. But for the most part I think the suit looks pretty good.

What are your thoughts?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management