Friday 25 November 2016

A CASE FOR THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. ...

 
  

Look at the LONE STAR (I think) MAN From
U.N.C.L.E. attache case I had as a kid, given to me by a
paternal aunt and uncle for Christmas in the late '60s.  There
were at least a couple of versions, of which this one was the
cheapest as the case was only cardboard.  Not that I cared
one whit about that, 'cos, to me, it was brilliant.
 
The case and contents eventually faded into the limbo
that claims most childhood toys, but I still possess one of
the bullets from the gun.  At least, it's a bullet I associate with
the gun, which, in my memory, didn't fire caps as one would
expect, but actual plastic bullets.  Perhaps my recollection is
confused, not that it matters much, as whenever I look at
that bullet, the above case is what comes to mind.

Ah, happy days.  What fun it was to be an agent of
U.N.C.L.E. back in the '60s.  Do kids today have any-
thing similar to such a great toy, or is it all computer
games, mobiles, and iPads they go for now?

Their loss.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management