Thursday 24 November 2016

RAMPAGING REPOST: ABSOLUTELY THE SEXIEST WOMAN ALIVE...


Images copyright DC COMICS
...is the woman I'd
like to marry.  However,
while I'm waiting for her
to discover I even exist,
let's travel back in time
and space to a winter's
evening in Glasgow in
1967 or '68.  The precise
location is under a bridge
(now gone) in Stockwell
Street, where I'm looking
in the window of a shop at
the cover of a BATMAN
colouring book which was
simply crying out to me.
The shop was closed, so
I pleaded with my mother
to promise to buy it for me
at a later date for my fast-
approaching birthday.
She did, but I have no
idea whether she obtained the book from another source or had to go back
to that particular shop to obtain it.

I recall once taking it
to school and colouring
various bits in during the
break, and letting ROSS
CAMPBELL colour-in
one of the pages in return
for allowing me to do the
same in his different Bat-
man colouring book.  His
book may well have been
the other one featured here
- but then again, may well
not have been - so don't
go betting your house on
it.  You wouldn't want to
have to live in a cave,
would you?  (Unless it
was the BATCAVE
of course.)


 Ah, many happy hours of innocent fun, to be had from the mere
application of some coloured pencils or wax crayons - why aren't
kids today so easily pleased?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management