Friday 18 November 2016

WARLORD #1...


Images copyright D.C. THOMSON & Co., Ltd

By all rights I shouldn't have bought WARLORD.  I wasn't
into war stories, and it must purely have been the fact that it was a
new comic I could collect from number one which appealed to me,
rather than the theme of the comic itself.  (It was the same with foot-
ball;  I was never into it, yet I bought SHOOT, SCORCHER, and
SCORE when they first came out as well.)  Launched in 1974, it 
survived until 1986, and inspired IPC to publish their own
version, called BATTLE PICTURE WEEKLY.

Warlord was first 'though, so for all of you who bought it
at the time, here's a little pictorial reminder of the debut ish to
whisk you back to the days of your childhood faster than you
can say "Hey, where did my life go?"  Feel free to share any
reminiscences in our ever-lovin' comments section.







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management