Saturday 17 December 2016

A MARVEL-LOUS WORLD...


Image copyright MARVEL COMICS

Saturday - traditionally the day I'd buy my weekly comics as
a teenager back in the '70s.  That continued in the '80s, but by the
time the '90s came around, there weren't too many weekly periodi-
cals left - at least, not of the kind that interested me.  Now and again,
it's Saturday when I buy the latest monthly issue of The MIGHTY
WORLD Of MARVEL (even 'though it may've gone on sale a few
days before), and I luxuriate in the illusion that nothing much has
changed in the 44 years since that esteemed publication first 
hit newsagents' counters back in 1972.

I continue to buy the title mainly out of a desire for conti-
nuity, unwilling to relinquish a familiar habit I've indulged in
for most of my life, but it's still a rather nifty magazine, with some
entertaining content that makes my commitment to it worthwhile.
I must admit 'though, that if the mag were to resume featuring The
INCREDIBLE HULK, The AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, and
The FANTASTIC FOUR, (as it did when it first came out), then
I'd be a very happy chappie.  However, I still get a thrill when
I see the masthead staring back at me from the shelves
of my local WH SMITH's.

That's the cover of the latest issue above.  Why not give it
a try and immerse yourself in another world?  The Mighty
World Of Marvel to be precise.  But be warned - once you've
entered its hallowed halls, things will never again be the same.
Available right now from FORBIDDEN PLANET and (as
previously mentioned) WHS.  Buy one today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management