Saturday 7 October 2017

GINGER DOES A BEEZER...


Image copyright D.C. THOMSON & Co., Ltd

Above is the cover of my own copy of The BEEZER #600.  If you behave yourselves, I may show further pages from this landmark issue.  Look at how easy on the eye DUDLEY D. WATKINS' art is - he made it seem simple.  Some of today's newer artists, whose pages are abstract, convoluted and difficult to follow assaults on the senses, could sure do with taking a leaf out of D.D.W.'s work.

I'm almost ashamed of how I used to take this comic - and dozens of others - for granted when I was younger, as I'm sure we all did back in the day.  It seemed to us that theses comics had always been around and always would be, but, alas, we now know different, much to our cost, and also that of today's generation of comics readers.

Did you buy Beezer back in the day?  What's your abiding memory of this iconic comic?  Tell all in the comments section.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management