Thursday 12 October 2017

Supergirl Tidbits

Just a couple of quick hits of things I have noticed that I feel warrant some coverage but not big enough to deserve a whole post.

So here are some quick hits!


Item #1: Steve Orlando has been bringing a lot of DC history into his books, in particular Supergirl where we have seen Lar-On, Strange Visitor, and other nods to the past.

Here in Justice League of America #15 he has Ryan Choi comment on an experiment performed at the New Athens Experimental School. Of course, this was the school where Linda Danvers was a guidance counselor in the Superman Family run. Nice nod to the past!







Item #2: I have been loving Nick Derington's work on the new Young Animal Doom Patrol. In me perusing of Twitter, I stumbled across this. Derington drew the DC SuperheroGirls Supergirl. Back in July he did a series of pics of the Batgirl and Wonder Woman from the series too. And they are gorgeous.

Moreover, Derington was truly excited for the property, excited DCSHG was outselling Watchmen and that they were the future and salvation of comics.

I truly want this picture. If anyone knows Derington, tell him I'll buy it.



Item #3: A friend of my gave me a gift the other day, the trade of the Loeb/Turner Supergirl reboot.

Why is this special? Check out the bottom right corner.


It's from Poland!

I love that my friends know that I get a kick out of foreign language editions of comic books. It is bonus if it is Supergirl.


It's fun for me to thumb through these books. I especially love when there are short sentences I can easily translate. Like 'This is Kara Zor-El, my cousin from Krypton.'


I also have to say that looking at her panels, I think Barda should be speaking Polish all the time. The consonants just seem to suit her.

Okay, just a fun day of tidbits! Thanks for indulging!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management