Friday 31 August 2018

Legion Of Super-Bloggers 4 Year Anniversary


Earlier this year, Supergirl Comic Box Commentary celebrated its 10 year anniversary.
That is crazy.

Today is my own person 4 year anniversary of contributing to the Legion of Super-Bloggers.

I can vividly remember my recruitment. The Irredeemable Shag, of the FW Podcasts, called me one afternoon in July 2014. The blog was being put together. They needed members. And knowing my love for the Legion, he wondered if I would be interested.

It was a warm day and I was walking outside of work, wandering off the hospital campus and onto a college campus nearby. I sat down on steps leading into a gothic building where classes were going on. I asked if I could cover the early Five Years Later run. The rest is history.

I have been manning the shop on Fridays pretty much ever since.
I have covered:
  • The first 50 issues of the 5YL run
  • The Waid/Kitson Threeboot through that titles end under Jim Shooter
  • The Levitz/Giffen run from the original series, from #300 up to the inception of the Baxter run
  • The Legion Secret Origin mini-series
  • The New 52 Series
  • The New 52 Legion Lost series
  • And currently, the Retroboot, spinning out of the Johns/Frank reintroduction of the team in Action Comics
Unbelievable.
 


Here is my first post from way back when, talking about why I love the 5YL run.
http://legionofsuperbloggers.blogspot.com/2014/08/the-legion-five-years-later.html


If you want to know my supposed 'lifelong' love of the team, you can read about my history with the team here.
https://legionofsuperbloggers.blogspot.com/2014/10/my-life-long-love-of-legion.html 

But you shouldn't just be checking out 'Fridays with Anj'. The whole site is worth reviewing.

Now if only we could get an actual Legion book on the shelves!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management