Thursday 6 September 2018

Supergirl Roller Coaster!


Every so often I think back to the days when I first started this blog with intention of showcasing my favorite character Supergirl, a character I felt had been completely overlooked and at times mistreated.

The times have changed over those 10 years haven't they. Successful live action television show. Successful animated programs. Successful toy lines. Even successful comic titles.

Still, every so often I am surprised when I see just how immersed Supergirl has become in the public consciousness. Like when I see that now she is going to have her own thrill ride at a Six Flags amusement park in St. Louis. Here is the link: https://www.sixflags.com/stlouis/attractions/newfor2019

And a brief blurb:
Drawing on SUPERGIRL’s powers of stamina and strength, thrill seekers spin and tilt, all while suspended from the whirling wheel of justice. Riders are raised up by a giant arm, feet dangling, and then launched into a high-speed spin…round and round…higher and higher.

Amazing!


A hat tip to Superman Home Page where I learned about this. A link to their coverage and some of the blurbs there.
https://www.supermanhomepage.com/supergirl-thrill-ride-opening-at-six-flags-st-louis-in-2019/

SUPERGIRL heroic highlights: 
  • Guests fly in open air seats with feet dangling; 
  • Super-sized wheel begins to spin horizontally, then a giant arm lifts and tilts the wheel to a vertical position as the high-speed rotations continue throughout; 
  • and 24 riders will repeatedly reach maximum spinning height of 67-feet in the air. 
SUPERGIRL is scheduled to land at Six Flags St. Louis spring 2019 and looking to recruit fliers 48″ and up.

This looks like a fun ride for thrill seekers like me. But more importantly, I am floored that there is going to be such a gigantic representation of Supergirl like this. 

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised any more. Instead, maybe I should be thrilled that other people now see the greatness that I always saw.

If anyone in the St. Louis area sees it live next year, please send me pics!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management