Received my brand-new The COMPLETE JOHNNY FUTURE hardback book from REBELLION's TREASURY Of BRITISH COMICS today, and immediately felt my heart sink when I saw the dunted corners on the thin and flimsy cardboard envelope it came in. As I'd suspected, two corners were noticeably dunted, and I feel it should behoove Rebellion to send their books in sturdier protective cardboard mailers to prevent this kind of damage.
However, there was worse to come. When I opened the cover, the two facing pages of the double-page 'frontispiece' were stuck together at the corners, and when I managed to separate them, it was only to discover that the corner of the board page was folded underneath and stuck to the board. It was quite a large area of around two and a half by one and a half inches, so it's not exactly a minor fault.
What's worse, although I contacted Rebellion immediately, I notice that the book is now listed as being out of stock, so I ordered another one from AMAZON. Thing is, it was always my intention to buy two copies, so I still need a replacement for the damaged one. I've had a few problems before with the way Rebellion wrap their books, what with corners of softcovers being bent backwards or edges peeling away from the cover after catching on the opening of their thin cardboard envelopes while being placed inside.
It's a shame, because the overall standard of their books is otherwise excellent, but they really need to lift their game when it comes to quality-control checks and using packaging that's fit for purpose. Anyway, this book is one to have, so if you can find a copy, buy it immediately. Hopefully, you won't encounter any of the problems that I did. I should say that Rebellion usually do their best to rectify such problems, but given my level of disappointment in receiving yet another damaged book from them, I just wish they'd focus their efforts into ensuring that these kind of things didn't happen to begin with.


05:46
Unknown

Posted in:
0 comments:
Post a Comment