Friday, 8 May 2020

Mystery Solved: Nightwing And Flamebird Promo Page


Today I finally wrap up my look at the Candor arc in the early days of Supergirl's solo title from 2005.

Back in my first post about the arc, I posted a splash page from within the trade collection of Supergirl and Power Girl in their Flamebird and Nightwing armor.

I wasn't sure where it came from.

The answer was provided by commenter Rober Todd Bruce who pointed me to Superman/Batman #27. As a big Huntress fan and a Power Girl fan I actually had the issue in my collection, signed no less by cover artist Ethan Van Sciver (a long time ago ... before things were known) and inside artist Kevin Maguire!

I had completely forgotten that the page came in here.

Read on!



The story is a fun one, set on Earth 2, in which Superman and Batman's minds are put within the bodies of Power Girl and Huntress. There ends up being quite a skirmish with the UltraHumanite, Solomon Grundy, and others.

In the end, Power Girl wakes up and says she just had the weirdest dream. (Indeed it would be weird as Earth 2 hadn't been around for a while.)

But we hear how Karen needs to get up and get ready to patrol.


And then we have the splash I posted from the trade.

I guess that means this 'first appearance' was done by Kevin Maguire!

I will again say that I find these armors pretty fun. I have the action figure of Flamebird.

And finally, we can put Candor behind us! Thanks again for Robert for the assist!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management