![]() |
| Copyright relevant owner |
Well, here's a scan of the finished results of my colouring job on the WIZARD Of ID strip (seen in the previous post) which I said I'd have a go at. The printout is much smoother than this scan would have you believe, and I've managed to make the new copy (shortly going up on my wall) the exact same size as the original greyscale one it'll be replacing.
I used acrylic inks to colour the strip, but one of the drawbacks of this medium is that it can obscure linework in places, so I had to re-ink quite a few outlines in order to make them more visible. The size of the copy hides a multitude of sins, so I'm reasonably pleased with my efforts. One thing's for sure, it's far cleaner than the greyscale version it's ousting, so that's a plus at least.
I took the liberty of straightening up the title, and I typed out a new 'Publishers Newspaper Syndicate, 1966' line in the same-sized font as the original (which was a bit smudged and faint) and applied it over the existing line. On last thing - the colour of the sky in all three panels of the last tier are distinctly different in my master copy, but my printer has rendered them kind of 'samey' in the printout.
Well, everything considered, I think it's not too bad - what say the rest of you?


17:36
Unknown

Posted in:
0 comments:
Post a Comment