Tuesday 13 December 2016

ARE YOU A BIT OF A SPY?



Here's a question for you - when did Britain first
adopt Decimal currency?  February 15th 1971 you
say?  Well, you're right, 'though you're not complete-
ly right, as the Florin (two bob bit) was actually our
first Decimal coin, and it was introduced in 1849.

I learned that from the above little book, dug out
of a box in my attic the other day.  It was published
in 1969, and no doubt my father purchased it then -
or perhaps in 1970/'71.  To think it's been lying up
in the loft for all this time is rather amazing.

I-SPY was a great series of little booklets, and
I remember buying a couple in Blackpool in 1973
or '74 (I think it was '74 in fact), which I've still got
somewhere.  Did you ever have any of these little
booklets?  Let's hear all about them then.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management